POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More failure : Re: More failure Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:20:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More failure
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 24 Feb 2010 22:57:05
Message: <4b85f511$1@news.povray.org>
M_a_r_c wrote:

> 4b85931c$1@news.povray.org...
>> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>
>>> Well *obviously* that's Superman.
>> Dmanit, if you squint close enough, you can see it says "Telephone
>> Metropolis" - as in, the fictional city that only exists in the Superman
>> universe.
>>
> Eerr don't you know German expressionism films? : Fritz Lang 1927
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolis_(film)

That is indeed a pretty sweet movie, although I haven't seen the new
restored version with most of the lost scenes which I hear was recently
released.

There was also a decent anime of the same name released (based on the
Fritz Lang film):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolis_(anime)

Of course, given that the photo is live-action and in color I can't
think of any possibility for the city of Metropolis other than Superman.